14 April 2009

sick boy +stubborn girl = wine for Mommy!

Ethan woke up this morning not feeling very well. He had a temp around 101 and didn't want to move his head. Then he got sick, poor little boy he's just like me he was crying and saying "I'm so sorry mommy" I always cry when I'm sick too. He spent the whole day in bed. You know this little man is sick when he sleeps and dose not want to watch cartoons. My friend Micky said it must have been the veggie sticks from last night :) And maybe it was because after countless "bathroom trips" this morning he felt a little better.

So that left Gracie and I to have a girls day. We played with her doll house, had a tea party, read lots of books and ate some easter candy (shhhh don't tell Daddy). Her newest trick is climbing out of her crib. I'm still trying to get her to stay in her crib during naps and at night but this is a battle I am quickly losing. We have a toddler bed I need to clean up and put in her room I just thought I could have a few more months before she became a big girl!

No one ever told me being a mommy meant cleaning up vomit on the bedroom, hallway and bathroom floor. Oh and did I mention my lap too! Or spending 73 mins trying to get a very stubborn little girl back into bed. But when you hear that last "wuv you" as you tuck her in for the 398th time or that "thanks for taking good care of me and sorry for spiting all the red jello on your lap" as you kiss him good night that means the most!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. Ethan is a good boy, he's going to make some lucky girl very happy some day. No one ever told me that when my child would be about to get sick my first reaction would be to cup my hand under her mouth and let her throw up in it! Seriously nasty! But as a Mommy you just do that sort of stuff without a second thought... You are an awesome Mommy, some of my best tips came from you, I hope you are ready for my pleas for help when this 2nd one comes along! P.S. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete