13 April 2009

he ordered veggie sticks!

We don't go out to eat often but when we do I still like to try and order something healthy for the kids. I love how most restaurants let you choose your side dish now. Tonight after Ethan's t-ball game was cancelled due to the rain we went to dinner at Edgefield with Erich. I read Ethan the kids menu and for his side dish he could choose from-veggie sticks, french fries or tater tots. He said veggie sticks without even a second thought. Jake asked him if he was sure because this has never happened before again he said "yah I like them you know" So he ordered them and ATE almost all of them too! I guess it's true what they say, if you put it on their plate eventually they will eat it. It took me almost 5 years but tonight my son ordered veggie sticks for the first time! Lets just hope it won't be the last :)

1 comment:

  1. I love those proud mommy moments..... that is we as parents get to be proud of ourselves! Cheers to persistance and letting our kids finally figure it out for themselves! Amber

    ReplyDelete