11 May 2009

it's a dirty job but someone has to do it

I overheard the following conversation between Ethan and Gracie today. After I told Ethan he could not get a snack out before dinner because he did not eat all his lunch he stormed into his room. Gracie followed saying "oooh Bubba sorry". Some time passes while I'm picking up the living room and I hear the kids in the kitchen.

Ethan-"Gracie go get the chair"
Gracie-pushes the chair from the table to the pantry door
Ethan-"open the door"
Gracie-"ok" as she opens the door
Ethan-"shhhh you have to whisper, now get on the chair"
Gracie-climbs on the chair very loudly
Ethan-"Gracie I said you have to be quite" he helps her stand up
Gracie-starts grabbing boxes
Ethan-"no, no, no you need to get the fruit snacks in that box"
Gracie-"nak, nak"
Ethan-"shhhhhh, now get down"
Gracie-jumps off the chair with a BIG boom
-I asked what was going on in there-
Ethan-"oh nothing mom just don't come in here" then whispers "Gracie get a bowl"
Gracie-tries needs help "help bubba tuck tuck" I think the drawer was stuck
Ethan-"oh my Gracie will you ever shhhhhhhh"
Gracie-gets out 2 bowls and bites open the snacks to pour into them
Ethan-"oh thanks Gracie now put them in my mouth"
-at this point I couldn't help it anymore and started giggling myself-
Ethan-looked around the corner and "oh no its mom"
I said "I thought I told you not to get the snacks out Ethan?"
Ethan-"Mom I swear I never touched them it was all Gracie!!"

One day she'll wise up to him but for now she's out to do his dirty work!

No comments:

Post a Comment