27 June 2009

the man in charge

Jake went out of town this weekend but before he left he told Ethan that he would now be the man of the house and to take good care of his girls. Well.......Ethan took this to heart. He got up early this morning to make breakfast. He poured 3 bowls of cereal and had them all set up at the table when he woke us up. Throughout the day when Gracie would act up he would say "Now Gracie I'm in charge so don't make me come over there"and "Gracie Lane Marie do you want me to put you in your room......cause I will". He also made dinner. It was his famous "shrimp with butter and season ingredients" First he put butter in a pan-waited for it to melt-added the shrimp-mixed it up a little-added the Mrs Dash-spooned it into bowls. All done! Next time I will get it on video, it's the cutest thing ever. After dinner he told me that I had been very good all day so he was going to take me to get ice cream and then to the park. So of course we did! Back at home he gave Gracie a bath and cleaned up her room, read her a story and tucked her into bed. When I kissed him goodnight I told him thank you for all his hard work today and he replied with "It was really a lot of work so if it's ok I will just be a kid tomorrow"


"don't bother me I'm cooking"



after I told him I would eat his ice cream
Gracie didn't think it was funny either





I think Gracie would live on the swings if I would let her......

No comments:

Post a Comment