13 August 2009

getting ready to say goodbye

As all of you know Jake joined the Air National Guard in June. He will be leaving this November for boot camp in Texas. After Texas he moves to Mississippi for tech school until August '10. Now there is a small chance we will be able to live with him on base but we don't know for sure yet. In September he moves to Florida to finish up his training. In January '11 he'll come back to Oregon and hopefully get a job here in Portland at the base. I'm not sure what I'll be doing during this time but I know one things for sure the kids and I will be missing Jake!!

With only 108 days left until he leaves we are busy trying to fit in an entire year of events. We have a trip to the beach planned as well as 2 hunting trips in the fall. Ethan is working on his own "plans" as well but we don't get to know what they are yet :) I just want to do as much as we can together because 14 months without my partner is going to be hard.

So be prepared for A LOT pictures coming soon! (as if I don't take a lot anyway)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the email..glad to find you on here. my blog is private, so i will "invite" you to it! sorry to hear about jake leaving..that has to be tough, but it sounds like you have a great attitude about it! it will be good to stay updated with you guys in the future. see you at the library maybe?!

    ReplyDelete