22 February 2010

saying goodbye to a friend

Last weekend I said goodbye to a friend, Katie Hoffmeister. 20 years ago she moved into the house across the street with her wonderful husband Jay and two small children Thomas & Kelsey. But it wasn't until I got a little older and started to babysit for her that I really got to know just how great she was. Her smile could light up a room. She was kind and understanding and truly wanted the best for you and wanted you to be your best. She was a loving mother. One time while babysitting, the kids were fighting over who could play with this one toy and I said "What would your mom say if she were here?" and Kelsey said "her heart would be sad" I just wanted to know who got the toy but her kids knew that she would be sad if they were fighting. She was one of the strong women I had to look up to in my life and I am thankful for that. She was there for me all through high school when time were tough as well as during the good times of my wedding and when Ethan was born. She will be missed by so many but most of all her family as they were the most important part of her life. As I say goodbye I am not angry at her death but find peace in the many gifts she has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment