04 February 2010

on our way to a diaper free home

Yesterday while at Target, Gracie found a box of pink legos and wanted me to buy them. I told her they were for big kids (ages 4+). She said she was a big kid so I told her when she started going potty on the toilet then maybe mommy would buy them. Until now Gracie has had no interest in going potty on the toilet. Later in the baby aisle she found big girl panties and a smaller toilet seat that's fits on top of your toilet. She begged me to buy these and said she wanted to go potty like a big girl. Now we went through all of this about 6 months ago, bought her all the potty stuff and she never went so I wasn't sure I wanted to invest all the money again, but I did.



On to tonight when she found the legos in my room. She wanted to open them and I reminded her that they were only for big girls who went potty on the toilet. She got up took off all her clothes and went into the bathroom. I helped her put the new little seat on the toilet and she asked me to go and shut the door. A few minutes later she came out and said "all done mommy I went poo-poo in the toilet" I checked and SHE DID! We did the happy potty dance, put on her new panties and opened her legos. A few minutes later she said she had to go again so off we went and sure enough a big #2 again. A few hours later at the gym's daycare she told Ethan she had to go potty so he took her in with some help from an employee and she went potty.



I put a pull up on her tonight so we'll see how she does but I think this may be the start of a diaper free home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment