08 November 2009

date night

With Jake's departure date being moved up a week I realized that last night was the last "free" night we had until he left! Of course there are other open nights during the week but when you get up at 4am you tend not to stay out very late. Anyways I wanted to do something special for him. So while on the treadmill at the gym (I just love my iPhone) I booked us a night at The Governor Hotel. I let him watch the duck game (what a bust that was) and then I told him we were going out. I took the kids to my parents and then we headed downtown. He was very surprised! We ordered room service and ate dinner while watching a movie. Then I fell asleep in the king sized bed (big difference form our full we have at home) before 9pm. It's funny how 7 years ago a night downtown meant party until 3 am then back to the room til the sun came up and now a good nights sleep in a big bed is all we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment