03 September 2009

kindergarten shopping

Jake and I took Ethan shopping for school clothes & supplies. I can't believe he is going into kindergarten! He was nice and told me I could take 5 pictures "but that's it Mom, I mean it only 5 pictures!" We started off at the mall looking at shoes and coats. We didn't find either....ugh. The poor kid is just so little, I mean he still wears a 2T in the waist (that's the size of Gracie). All of the big kid clothes he wanted didn't come in his size. Of course I did find somethings for him, I mean I can't leave a mall empty handed. We had to take him to dinner as well so it was off to Red Robin or the bird as my kids call it. He ordered his entire meal without any help from us. So now he is all set for kindergarten to start Sept. 17th. It's hard to believe he will be leaving me in a few weeks but I am so excited for his new adventures. I know he will be fine and have a great time and who cares if Gracie and I sit on the playground the whole time waiting for him :)
the first pair of pants

*he had to go into the dressing room alone too*

I loved this hat but he said no

"thank you daddy for a great day"

happy his sister was not there to drink his soda!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe he is starting kindergarten..how fun. We'll be there next year. Where is he going? I have to tell you the things you write about Ethan crack me up! he is funny. Peyton is looking forward to playing with Ethan, Morgan and Gunnar today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's going to Hall where my Mom works. He has been going to school with her on different days over the last few years and is SO ready to go on his own. Ethan can't wait for today either-every 10 mins its "is it 2:30 yet mom????" or "now is it 2:30???" I can't wait to hear all about it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete