11 March 2010

"you know mom....."

About an hour after putting Ethan to bed I heard some noise in the kitchen. I looked but saw nothing. Bothered by this I looked throughout the house just to make sure everything was ok. I looked into each kids room to find both of them sleeping. But just as I closed Ethan's door I heard a little giggle. I walked over to the "sleeping" little boy and tucked him in tighter, leaned in and kissed his head. After another giggle I could smell some spicy cheese. I asked Ethan if he had been in the kitchen eating something. He started laughing and said "of course mom....I just had to eat the leftover quesadilla" I couldn't help but laugh and told him to stay out of the fridge. He replied with "you know mom, you really shouldn't put things where a 5 year old can reach them." "really?!?" I said. "hey don't get mad at me I'm just trying to help you out with this parent thing!" he said as he pulled the blanket up and rolled over.

Is it just me or am I raising a teenager already?

No comments:

Post a Comment